Friday, December 15, 2006

All kinds of denial

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cas/249290757.html

The author of this ad is "intentionally single." Sure, he knows that it is tough being single in a time of stress. And sure, he is so sexually desperate and in need of even the most basic forms of human contact that he's posting on the internet looking for cuddling. But he's not "horny man who is eliciting sex on the Internet." Oh no no.

"This is all so innocent," he lies to himself. Why? Well, it's only "light" making out. That entirely made-up term makes all the difference in the world.

Why is he single? "I am so busy and need to focus on work." Sure you do. Sure you do. You're not so busy that you can't go on casual encounters at 6:13 in the morning. And I'm sure reading CL won't distract you from your focus.

I actually feel bad for a woman who is about to respond to this ad and sees the requirement of smelling good. Damn, this unfortunate smelly woman would say. So close.

Seeking a cuddling/kissing partner - m4w


Reply to: pers-249290757@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-12-15, 6:13AM EST


It is tough being single in a time of stress. Currently, I am busy with a demanding full time job. To make things clear, I don't want to come across as a horny man who is eliciting sex on the Internet. I am seeking someone to cuddle with and do some "light" making out. Our clothes stay on. This is all so innocent. It is like a friend with a little benefit. I used to have one but she is now in an exclusive relationship. Sounds strange but this would really help me relieve stress. I am intentionally single at this time since I am so busy and need to focus on work. But I miss those times of just cuddling with a cute friendly woman. So if this sounds like a good idea to you, please tell me about yourself. Please be sane, sweet, a good kisser, and smell good. I promise that I am pleasing and easy on the eyes...and have great lips!

No comments: