Friday, January 12, 2007

Casual Encounters Was Our Thing

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cas/261301393.html

When I was in college, I dated a girl. She and I always rented the same video from the video store and watched it together. It was our thing. After we broke up, I went to the video store to select my own evening entertainment and I discovered our video was checked out. I felt sad because I knew she had it. She was watching it without me. Sure, it was just a piece of hard plastic and magnetic tape, but it was signifigant to us. It was the only physical thing that I associate with a relationship between two people, a bond that no longer exists.

Out on Long Island, a man is going through what I went through. Except, instead of Blockbuster Video's copy of Brain Donors, this man shared something even more special with his girlfriend: that site on the internet with all the sex ads.

Frankly, if CL was what you had with your girlfriend, I'm surprised you were surprised by anything in that relationship. How did you expect your relationship to end? If she's a CL regular, you should have seen that threesome with transsexuals coming miles away. Sorry, it's just how it is.

The author misses the hot sex. He's quite the sweet talker, I must say. I especially like how you refer to your lovemaking with your girlfriend as "encounters." It sounds as intimate as meeting a stranger off of a text-based anonymous sex website. You guys must have really been into CL.

But time heals all wounds. A callous man would suggest you use CL to replace her instead of talking to her. But I know the truth: you can't find someone new from CL. CL was your thing.

Pretty Girl - m4w - 32


Reply to: pers-261301393@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-01-11, 9:38PM EST


You know who you are if your reading this. I just want to say how this is not the way I expected our relationship to end. Frankly, never wanted it to end. I realize you have moved on and I'm happy for you but also sad and hurt that you would look so soon. You must know that you have no reason to be fearful of me. I only want the best for you in life. I miss the hot sex we had, Do you? What I wouldn't give to have one more encounter with you. It breaks my heart knowing someone else will now be inside you. I will always love you.

1 comment:

David said...

Dude! I can't believe I hadn't found this before. I kinda thought you blogged but didn't know it was about this. It makes plenty of sense I guess, you being a Brown guy and all ;).

We gotta hang out sometime. Meanwhile, check out http://focus.blip.tv