Thursday, August 9, 2007

Not looking for an apartment or a job

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/392599964.html

The author of this ad may be posting on CL, but she wants discreet sex only. What else was on the table, anyway? That's pretty much the whole shebang. The word "only" is more appropriate for ads like this one, where there's no actual "physical contact," just substantial weirdness.

Personally, I am looking for discreet sexy only. I'm not sure if only or sexy is the noun in that sentence, but regardless, it needs to be discreet. If my mom knew anything about my sexy (or my only?), I'd be in trouble!

The trick to CL is that I never know what to do after reading these ads. This author simply tells me what to do: Respond to ad. Why didn't I think of that on my own? Oh that's right, I know nothing about you except that you're illiterate and desperate.

A girl in college once told me that you'd be surprised what people will do if you just ask them. Maybe the author here is right: just say "respond to ad" and people will just go, "Um, okay."

Write me fan mail.

***WANT DISCREET SEX ONLY*** - w4m - 20


Reply to: pers-392599964@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-08, 9:05PM EDT


ARE YOU LOOKING FOR DISCREET SEXY ONLY??
LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP.
RESPOND TO AD.

No comments: